The diagnosis of a craniofacial condition can be overwhelming. FFC offers many resources which help patients and their families understand the medical, emotional and psycho-social issues related to having a craniofacial condition.
- Healthcare and Financial Videos – advice for how to navigate the healthcare system in related to care and financing.
- Genetic Study – Article written by Jacqueline T. Hecht, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical School at Houston which helps to answer the most common question asked by parents “What is the cause of my child’s cleft lip and cleft palate?”
- Prenatal Diagnosis – Tips on how to cope when you receive a prenatal diagnosis that your child may have a craniofacial condition so you can take to prepare yourselves for parenthood and to give your baby the best possible start in life.
- Infancy and Childhood – Practical tips to help deal with immediate health issues for a child born with a craniofacial condition to help minimize potential problems.
- Glossary of Terms and Conditions – Our comprehensive glossary of terms and conditions can help you to better understand your diagnosis.